10.22.2003

Ainda o livro de Richard Prince.
Um excerto do texto de abertura.

“I want the best copy. The only copy. The most expensive copy. I want James Joyce’s Chamber Music. I want the 1907 version, the ‘variant’, the first variant, the one with the lighter green binding, the taller trim size, laid endpapers as opposed to wove, the one with the correct folding of signature C. I want mine to be one of the advance review copies, one of 509 copies, with the publisher’s ALS t certain British man of letters tipped to the front pastedown. I want this date because know that the British Museum’s copy (destroyed during World War II) was received on May 8, and the Bodleian Library copy was received on May 11. I want the earliest copy on record. I want the copy that is rarer than anyone had previously dreamed of. I want the copy that dreams.”

American English, 2003
Site Meter